Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Antique Snowmobile Club of America  (Read 17287 times)

johnk

• Noobie
Antique Snowmobile Club of America
« on: May 01, 2009, 08:41:28 AM »

THE ANTIQUE SNOWMOBILE CLUB OF AMERICA LEADS THE WAY IN PROMOTING AND PRESERVING THE RICH HERITAGE OF THE EARLY YEARS OF SNOWMOBILING.

The Antique Snowmobile Club of America was founded in 1976 by a group of dedicated and enthusiastic snowmobilers who recognized a need to keep alive the pioneering spirit that led to the development of the very first over-the-snow machines, and eventually gave birth to the sport of modern-day snowmobiling.

Today, the Antique Snowmobile Club of America has issued over 2700 memberships all across North America and throughout the world.

The purpose of the Antique Snowmobile Club of America is to preserve and restore the early snow machines and to help promote wider acquaintances, closer relationships and to aid members in their preservation and restoration efforts.

Any person can join!!! An antique snowmobile is defined as a 1968 or earlier model year snowmobile. Whether you own one or your merely interested, you are invited to join.

You may join by filling out the form at the bottom of the page and mailing a copy along with $20.00 US funds to: ASCOA
Att'n. John K. McGuirk
17719 Sharp Road
Sidney, Ohio

Each member receives a distinctive club patch and decal; six issues of the IRON DOG TRACKS newsletter per year,with technical restoration hints, a schedule of displays,parades and other activities; a membership card; and the satisfaction of helping to preserve snowmobile history.

We look forward to hearing from you!

rustysleds

• Rookie
Re: Antique Snowmobile Club of America
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 08:21:36 PM »

Hi John

I think this is a great site too. great way to get the antique club noticed

Kevin L

s.t.i.c.s.9

• Garage Guru
    • www.fhucstics.com
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 10:46:41 PM »

THE ANTIQUE SNOWMOBILE CLUB OF AMERICA LEADS THE WAY IN PROMOTING AND PRESERVING THE RICH HERITAGE OF THE EARLY YEARS OF SNOWMOBILING.

Any person can join!!! An antique snowmobile is defined as a 1968 or earlier model year snowmobile. Whether you own one or your merely interested, you are invited to join.

My friends think that I look like an antique.  Is this a compliment?

oldsledhead

• Trailblazer
  • SUMMER SUCKS
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 05:43:39 AM »

Hi John, welcome aboard. Just wondering did you get a DVD from this years show, if not I will make one for you, I dropped one off at the museum, they really liked it.
Dan

cp

• Hardcore Sledder
  • Living fast forward...
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 06:55:19 AM »

My friends think that I look like an antique.  Is this a compliment?

Absolutely!
I love that coat. Where'd you find it?

Good to see you here John,
I agree with Kevin...I think the ASCOA will get some very positive exposure here.

cp
people who mind don't matter and people who matter don't mind...

s.t.i.c.s.9

• Garage Guru
    • www.fhucstics.com
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 08:28:12 PM »

I love that coat. Where'd you find it?

I believe that my dad bought it from an estate sale.  It is coon skin with beaver cuffs, circa 1910-1915.  Pretty darned old!

Amen.

hotdoo

• Hardcore Sledder
  • The older the odder the better!
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 09:22:01 AM »

ASCOA has always lead the way! Now if we could get the vintage club to be a real club so together both clubs could get things done that need be be addressed for the benefit all old sled lovers. Way to go John! Dan H

1966 Panther

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 09:00:25 AM »

I have been a member of the ASCOA since the mid 70's.  I've been a director twice during that time.  This is a great organization that just specializes on the Antique machines (1968 and older).  With other organizations you can have any year machine, but with the ASCOA they try to restore the original Antique history.  All organization are good in preserving the history of the snowmobile, but the ASCOA is unique in that way.  Check it out.  This is about the real history.

Dick

lynxer

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 12:42:01 PM »

I joined last Sunday!!!!!
Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

s.t.i.c.s.9

• Garage Guru
    • www.fhucstics.com
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 10:13:04 PM »

I joined last Sunday!!!!!

Welcome aboard!

I have met more nice people through this organization than you can imagine!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4