Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Duck Dynasty  (Read 1782 times)

addicted2oldsleds

• Hardcore Sledder
    • Springstead Lake Lodge
Re: Duck Dynasty
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2013, 06:05:53 PM »

This country was founded on specific organized collection of beliefs which much of it came from our founding fathers (and mothers) religious faith and a strong sense of right & wrong.

I received a very specific message with some great in-site regarding this topic. It was clearly pointed out that our US Constitution was written nearly void of religion to create the separation of church & state. I do understand this but also believe that the creators of the Constitution used religious faith as a guide to the document. Maybe I should remove the term "religion" and just use "faith"?
BraapFest Feb. 22 2014
Springstead, WI   www.springsteadlakelodge.net
"the most fun you can have on snow"

skiwhizzer

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2013, 08:30:38 PM »

To paraphrase Benjamen Franklin reputed atheist, in a comment he made at the conclusion of the Constitutional Convention about the new US Constitution.

"This constitution is proof that God exists.'

P3n
Fix,Ride,Fix Ride Repeat.

GHenry

• Hardcore Sledder
  • .. and the answer to your question is ............
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2013, 09:11:01 PM »

Merry Christmas.

Amen.

There comes a time in life when you have to let go of all the pointless drama & the people who create it & surround yourself with people who make you laugh. It's not worth the time to be all consumed by such trivial matters that for some is a need, and a way of life.

You know who you are ..........

Arcticmerc

• Hardcore Sledder
  • Win If You Can Lose If You Must Always Cheat
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2013, 08:11:38 AM »

politically correct people suck.

AMEN and MERRY CHRISTMAS
Why are religious people the first to bash other folks? then say Amen and Merry Christmas? This makes no sense! I believe this is exactly what Phill Robertson did. Aren't you supposed to love you neighbor? I'm a left leaning atheist (that can't spell) but I try not to put other folks down. (except maybe Big Sal). Curmudgeon
Be like Dan, Mix it in a can. Race like Earnhart, Die like Earnhart

snosnake

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2013, 08:52:50 AM »

Craig you ain't going to beleive this but I agree with you too. To be honest with you I have on alot of things but it would be pretty boring if eveyone one said I agree all of the time.
SURE IT'S ALL FUN AND GAMES, UNTIL THE MAN WITH THE TINFOIL HAT ENTERS THE ROOM!

addicted2oldsleds

• Hardcore Sledder
    • Springstead Lake Lodge
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2013, 12:32:44 PM »

Very interesting thoughts posted here.

Someone once said that we (this site) could not have a thread that included discussion on politics or religion without a bomb going off. This thread contains both and we all do not agree with each other ( i am sure that some do not agree with my thoughts) but the thread is civil. Pretty Cool.

ArcticMerc, your thoughts are interesting. I do not disagree, but I look at the bashing from a different angle then you and therefore see the left as the bashers. In my mind, religious conservatives have been silent until the Tea Party come along. I see the bashers as Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and many like them. Maybe, depending on the side of the fence we sit on, we only hear what we want?

The original point of this thread was to discuss the fact that a minority in this country continue to push for what they think is correct. Our government tries to be secular and continues to allow American values to errode under pressure. English is becoming a second language, we pay taxes to give benefits to non American citizens, and we simply pay millions to not work and do nothing. While all this is going on we find that it is now politically incorrect to even speak about much of this. If one states that they think we need to solve inner city crimes, you are called a racist. If you do not agree with a relationship between two of the same sex, you are a gay basher.
BraapFest Feb. 22 2014
Springstead, WI   www.springsteadlakelodge.net
"the most fun you can have on snow"

smackdab

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2013, 03:22:43 PM »

In my mind, religious conservatives have been silent until the Tea Party come along. I see the bashers as Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and many like them. Maybe, depending on the side of the fence we sit on, we only hear what we want?

The Tea party was something I originally found quite interesting. I don't really identify myself as being aligned with any political party in general- I do consider myself politically conservative, however. What I originally heard the Tea Party discussing was (of course) taxes, and a government that had grown to large. I'm on board with all that. Somewhere along the line, some with strong religious beliefs started pounding their beliefs as something everyone should adhere to- under the umbrella of the Tea Party. Thats when they began to lose me. I'm a Christian, but I don't think I need to interject that into anything political. Its not needed. There are Christians active in every political party, I don't see the need of aligning ones self with one party over the other to somehow prove that you're more Christian.

In the case of Al and Jesse- sorry, I don't take them seriously. Never have. They thrive (and profit) on creating mountains out of mole hills and never offering a solution. They have counterparts on the right as well. And just as unimpressive to me as those two.

I still feel like our tax code is WAY too complicated and holds WAY too many inequities. I feel our government has grown WAY to intrusive. I felt that the Tea Party in its original form held a lot of promise in stemming those negative tides. I'm just not so sure anymore, afraid its done the same thing as the rest of the political parties have: they've just lost their way.
"I outlived Michael Jackson. Bet you didn't see that coming." Keith Richards

Snowjas

• Garage Guru
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2013, 04:13:41 PM »

Arcticmerc; enjoy your humor & agree with your opining on this topic.
It is my belief that American was founded on freedom of speech so that we can express our ideas & make people aware of our concerns so that they can be considered as to weather there's a valid threat to our nation & it's people's freedom. Phill has a right to his opinion, just as the Dixie chic's had a right to their option. I do not agree that they both paid the price they paid. I seen where a gal in Texas was forcibly hauled out of a public meeting when she started to express her concerns & present the reasons why before she could present them completely... this was a real violation of her right to freedom of speech.
What troubles me is that we get our panties in a knot over some of these issues; while our elected leaders are lining their pockets while they line the pockets of the folks lining theirs instead of making decisions that are in the best interest for our country & the majority of it's people. My opinion is it is being done to distract us from the bigger issues that threaten our lively hood & health of our country while the real threats hide in the shadows creating/promoting more distractions. Basically keeping us fighting among ourselves (divided) so we don't pay attention or get organized to correct these threats to our country.
I feel the religious conservatives were 1st heavily leaned on by Bush W during his campaign efforts.
The Tea Party is a product of a few billionaires that use a few religious believes & hot button topics to distract from their true interest... watch/check how the Tea Party members vote.

GP

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2013, 07:09:27 AM »

The "C" word is being used a lot as a basis for beliefs. Why does there seem to be so much daylight between self described Christians and Jesus The Christ and his teachings of tolerance and acceptance of others for who they are without judgment?

zuknomad

• 'Viceroy de Vintage'
  • Hardcore Sledder
  • ice is nice
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2013, 07:20:17 AM »

Good point, GP. I like where the new Pope Francis is going on many questions that our secular world is facing in the 21st Century. His point of view reflects what many modern Catholics believe, tolerance.
'anyone can drive a new sled, it takes some dedication to run crap'
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5