Author Topic: Lambrecht Chevrolet / Pierce, Nebraska ( auction )  (Read 1209 times)

vintmetal

• Hardcore Sledder
Lambrecht Chevrolet / Pierce, Nebraska ( auction )
« on: June 26, 2013, 05:25:50 AM »

Rupp luver

• OLD & SLOW!!
  • Hardcore Sledder
Re: Lambrecht Chevrolet / Pierce, Nebraska ( auction )
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 08:10:46 AM »

That would be a fun auction to go to. The Cameo pickup,looked like it had the roof caved in above the windshield. Anyway,there are some cool cars there. P3n
"I like Rupps,if you don't,SEND them MY way,                                  70 Rupp Sprint 29
               To Wahpeton,ND".                                                   70 Rupp Sprint 34  
                                                                                      71 Rupp "396"

GHenry

• Hardcore Sledder
  • .. and the answer to your question is ............
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 04:24:25 PM »

There comes a time in life when you have to let go of all the pointless drama & the people who create it & surround yourself with people who make you laugh. It's not worth the time to be all consumed by such trivial matters that for some is a need, and a way of life.

You know who you are ..........

vintmetal

• Hardcore Sledder

penguin

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 08:23:07 AM »

WOW! I'm sure a good many of us are wishing we kept a few of what we had once-just like the sleds!   P3n

GHenry

• Hardcore Sledder
  • .. and the answer to your question is ............
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 10:52:31 AM »

There are hundreds of vehicles being auctioned off ... would love to be there for this one.  L!k3
There comes a time in life when you have to let go of all the pointless drama & the people who create it & surround yourself with people who make you laugh. It's not worth the time to be all consumed by such trivial matters that for some is a need, and a way of life.

You know who you are ..........

vintmetal

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 06:09:11 AM »

History Channel ,  last night ,  had a 3 hour episode on-site during parts of auction, etc . .   anyone catch it ?  , . .   or know anyone who was there in-person ?   .   i believe the total number of vehicles auctioned,   as they mentioned it,  was   496  (?) . .

smackdab

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 08:57:25 AM »

WOW! I'm sure a good many of us are wishing we kept a few of what we had once-just like the sleds!   P3n

It was a neat auction-

BUT-

From a strictly ROI point of view, I'm so very thankful that my ancestors bought farm land rather than new cars to park in a woods somewhere. No comparison at all.

This morning, spoke with a friend about the auction. He related that he'd sold a couple of year old 84 Vette for 16K. Yeah, he and I both agree, it wasn't one of Chevies most valuable cars sold, but anyway- put the money in an investment account labeled (  not real original, but it worked) Corvette. And never touched the dividends or interest. The account is now worth 88K. No way would any 84 Vette be worth anywhere close to that today. And, he doesn't miss that particular Vette, either. He would like the 65 back he sold when he got a letter winning a vacation to Vietnam from the Army, however...... 
"I outlived Michael Jackson. Bet you didn't see that coming." Keith Richards