Author Topic: 1973 SNO-JET THUNDER JET  (Read 2095 times)

Billy K

• "wannabraapper"
  • Hardcore Sledder
1973 SNO-JET THUNDER JET
« on: March 24, 2011, 12:46:57 PM »

Does any one have a good picture of a 73 Thunder jet fuel tank or have on for sale ? I'll buy the picture if I need to . because my son still wants to race the NVR races and I think you need the right tank and seat for the sled . my 73 starfire is going back to a 440 just about have every thing but piston's and engine plate for it . so we went in half's on this 73 thunder jet for him to try and race with a 1 cylinder yamaha 292 ,1972 gp no reed valve engine . I really do appreciate your time and thank you .
Braaaaaaapppoholic

DTP Pabst racing (Adam Johnson (  (Fathead Theisen ( Brian Warner ) Cody Kasten.

cheater67x

• Hardcore Sledder
Re: 1973 SNO-JET THUNDER JET
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 05:41:32 PM »

a 73 jet is only a mod sled ,they can run any tank in pvr, a 73 tank is rare and expensive,you need to turn it into a 74 340 for jr or superstock,then you need a oem tank from a 74, if you must run a 292 then 73 is your choice,but he wont be able to run it most places
you better put some fuel oil around those ankles to keep the ants from climbing your legs and eating your candy a$$--- dale Earnhardt

understeer is hitting the wall with the front of the car,over steer is hitting it with the rear
fireball roberts

Billy K

• "wannabraapper"
  • Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 06:08:39 PM »

Hey Paul he want's to race like that time we seen you racing at Crsent lake 2-3 years ago ,I can't remeber the name of it but think it's nvrsa he wants to do that ?where do we start for that series of racing ? Start small and learn as we go and he needs to keep baling hay and milking goats for money.

Thank's Paul your always a great help .
Braaaaaaapppoholic

DTP Pabst racing (Adam Johnson (  (Fathead Theisen ( Brian Warner ) Cody Kasten.

cheater67x

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 10:14:00 PM »

they run some jrs in mod,they only have mod 292 single, 300 mod and 400 mod class in nvsrs,thats a great group to start with,
if you go 292 fa thats fun but there tough and expensive, i would do a 340 twin,but  a 73 makes it hard, a 74 jet body would help you ,you need to talk to troy payne,he can help with class advise,heres there web site

http://www.nvsrs.org/
you better put some fuel oil around those ankles to keep the ants from climbing your legs and eating your candy a$$--- dale Earnhardt

understeer is hitting the wall with the front of the car,over steer is hitting it with the rear
fireball roberts